The 2nd annual conference and AGM of the Free Society Institute
Co-hosted by the International Humanist and Ethical Union.
Registrations are unfortunately closed at this time.
Date: September 11th, 2010, 09h30 to 17h00
Venue: The Cape Milner Hotel, 2 Milner Road, Tamboerskloof (click “continue reading” for directions)
Good without god: is a secular viewpoint our best guide to moral clarity?
- 09:30: Tea
- 10:00: Leo Igwe – Opening address
- 10:30: Tauriq Moosa – A critique of sanctity
- 11:30 Signe Rousseau – Dirty Gods: Why #TAPL is bad for our moral health
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Jacques Rousseau – Common-sense morality
- 14:30 Andrew Dellis – The ‘New Atheists’: Advocacy and public relations
- 15:30 Open discussion – Secularism in South Africa: where to from here?
- 16:30 Adoption of Constitution
- 17:00 Closing
Driving Directions from Cape Town International Airport
Travelling from the Airport you need to take the N2 Highway to Cape Town. Just before entering Cape Town the road becomes Table Bay Boulevard. Continue in the direction of the waterfront. You will get to a set of Robots, continue straight. You will then be on Buitengracht Road. Continue along Buitengracht, heading towards Table Mountain. The road will split & become New Church Road. The first road on your right after the split is Milner Road. Turn right into Milner Road. We are situated on the Right Hand Side after the Stop Street.
From the City / Main Train Station
Train station situated in Adderley Street. Travel in a southern direction towards Table Mountain. Turn Right into Wale Street. Turn left into Buitengracht Street. Continue Straight & Buitengracht becomes New Church. Then turn right into Milner Road. We are situated on the Right Hand Side after the Stop Street.