The 2nd annual conference and AGM of the Free Society Institute
Co-hosted by the International Humanist and Ethical Union.
Registrations are unfortunately closed at this time.
Date: September 11th, 2010, 09h30 to 17h00
Venue: The Cape Milner Hotel, 2 Milner Road, Tamboerskloof (click “continue reading” for directions)
Good without god: is a secular viewpoint our best guide to moral clarity?
- 09:30: Tea
- 10:00: Leo Igwe – Opening address
- 10:30: Tauriq Moosa – A critique of sanctity
- 11:30 Signe Rousseau – Dirty Gods: Why #TAPL is bad for our moral health
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Jacques Rousseau – Common-sense morality
- 14:30 Andrew Dellis – The ‘New Atheists’: Advocacy and public relations
- 15:30 Open discussion – Secularism in South Africa: where to from here?
- 16:30 Adoption of Constitution
- 17:00 Closing